Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajr0bson
What's DOS?
Views: 990
Message 1 of 2

Can't Enter Into Supervisor Mode of BIOS

Hey guys,

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad 11e 20DA series laptop.  I know my supervisor password.  The issue is that I can't make any changes in my BIOS.  It ALLLL started when I updated my BIOS with the latest version.  I selected my laptop and model and version from the Lenovo website, selected windows 10 and BIOS, and downloaded the update utility.  It did its thing.  And now I cant make any changes in the BIOS. NOTHING!!  And my laptop doesn't prompt me for a supervisor password.  I know to press F1 when the logo comes on and that it'll take me to BIOS or that it's suppose to prompt me for the password, however, it just simply doesnt do it.  What do I do? I'm unable to make any changes in my BIOS!! Is there a way to flash the BIOS and revert back to an older version or something?  I used to be able to make changes in my BIOS.  What should/can I do?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 975
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't Enter Into Supervisor Mode of BIOS

You may need to contact Lenovo Support directly if it is not prompting for a password, and yet also not letting you into the BIOS as the result of one of their BIOS updates.   They may take care of it for you, but unfortunatelly just removing the CMOS battery will not help.

From page 34 of the hardware maintenance manual linked below:

Supervisor password

A supervisor password protects the system information stored in the ThinkPad Setup. The user must enter the supervisor password in order to get access to the ThinkPad Setup and change the system configuration.

Attention: If the supervisor password has been forgotten and cannot be made available to the service technician, there is no service procedure to reset the password. The system board must be replaced for a scheduled fee.

ThinkPad 11e 20DA

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/tp_11e_yoga11e_hmm_en_sp40f29949_02.pdf

Good Luck

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors