Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wingqlip
SCSI Port
Views: 249
Message 1 of 7

Clickpad and buttons on the ultranav are partially unusable

The default driver package downloaded from the E485 website for the ultranav does not install the driver in device manager at all, and when I force it, it says that it is not compatible with this version of windows???? Same error as the video driver.

Also the other problem remains completely unacknowledged, that is to say, why when I press the upper 75% of the ultranav 3 buttons that they never register as clicks?

And when I press down on the physical buttons, they also physically allow me to touch the trackpad incidentally

I am demanding a completely redesigned free repair upgrade package sent to every owner of an A2/485, E585/485 that encounters these issues. It is widespread, seemingly from a massive design flaw that (as usual) no one noticed (or gave craps about). COMPLETELY FIX THE ABOVE POINTS THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ONLY GRAB MY MONEY IF YOUR PRODUCT WORKS

Guru
Views: 243
Message 2 of 7

Re: Clickpad and buttons on the ultranav are partially unusable

Verify you are using the right driver. There are 32-bit drivers and 64-bit drivers.

Could you upload a video to explain your issue?

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

Wingqlip
SCSI Port
Views: 209
Message 3 of 7

Um, are you ok? Did you not see that I've downloaded the file from https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e485...

DIRECTLY. If it was 64 bit it would work on windows 64 10. If it were 32 bit it would also work on windows 64 10. Go figure??

You've only answered to 1/3 problems btw. What about the crippling physical issues?

trenzterra
Punch Card
Views: 207
Message 4 of 7

I believe the touchpad in the E485 is a precision touchpad, so it should use Microsoft's drivers. Synaptics drivers would probably be inferior. No idea about your touchpad clicking issue, though if it helps, the physical button is only depressable towards the bottom half of the pad.
Wingqlip
SCSI Port
Views: 199
Message 5 of 7

No, no, I meant that the physical buttons atop the touchpad are not registering even though they actuate when you press them near the top. And also, yes, it does appear to be a precision touchpad. The main problem here being they physically interfere because of the non-existence of a gap between the buttons and the touchpad as it were in older designs. My main concern is that on a fresh installation of windows, the bloody driver installer will not even install the prescribed synaptics drivers for the set, so windows has no idea what to do with the ultranav+pad. 

Wingqlip
SCSI Port
Views: 167
Message 6 of 7

One whole week and no reply from any of the mods or admins or software team. Pat yourselves on the back, lenovo support. 

Wingqlip
SCSI Port
Views: 140
Message 7 of 7

I've finally found that the compatibility problem was in fact a problem caused by the drivers being only compatible with 1703 windows or later, so it was fixed with several major windows updates. However, after installation, the mousepad and pointer are largely unusable: the trackpoint drifts after pointing in one direction for a bit, the mousepad gets easily touched accidentally and leads to a click being held down forever until clicked again, and as usual the ultranav buttons only work 80% of the time because the rubber dome/actuator design is so atrocious. Requesting a replacement clickpad module that does not have the issue of my fingers being able to touch the trackpad every time I press a button above it, one that does not have issues with the driver, and one that will click 100% of the time when I press a button down.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors