Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eulogos10
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,529
Message 1 of 4

Connecting WWAN F5521gw module on E220s

Hello,

I have an E220s, and have recently bought an Ericsson WWAN F5521gw module (FRU: 60Y3279).

According to the manual (and judging by how the card looks), it connects to an antenna through two cables: main + auxiliary (just like the WIFI module). My laptop didn't have any such cables, beside of those already used by the WIFI module (I've opened and removed the top panel to make sure. Really no antenna cables).

Just to experiment, I've disconnected the aux cable from the WIFI module and connected it to the main connection of the WWAN module (so now I have two modules, each connected only at the main connection). It worked - both connections operate properly (with a SIM card for the WWAN, of course).

Is this supposed to be a satisfactory solution, or should I worry about them not being connected through the AUX as well?

If they indeed need the AUX connections too, where are the WWAN antenna connectors supposed to be?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

eulogos10
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,483
Message 2 of 4

Re: Connecting WWAN F5521gw module on E220s

Any chance for some advice?

Thanks,

Daniel

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,471
Message 3 of 4

Hi eulogos10 and welcome to the community,

Both your cards will work, (as you have seen), but with somewhat reduced reception.  

During purchase, there was an option for WWAN ready, (or something like that).  That would have given you the extra antennae already mounted in the display.  

Getting two antennae now and putting them in the display would probably be a big undertaking.  I would probably try it with one antennae each and see how it works for you.  If it doesn't give the performance you want, there are aftermarket antennae available that are small and thin and would probably tuck under the palmrest. They wouldn't give you the benefit of being in the lid, but they would give you some added reception.

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
eulogos10
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,461
Message 4 of 4

Many thanks.

Daniel

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors