Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smrogers
What's DOS?
Views: 566
Message 1 of 1

Creating Recovery Discs: Thinkpad Edge E431

I am trying to create recovery discs for my ThinkPad Edge E431.

I double click the Q Drive, which is labeled "Lenovo_Recovery."  I follow the prompts, and request to create a disk of Boot Meida and Disck Media.  I then receive an error message stating: Unable to find files for recovery media.  Then I am informed the process has been canceled.  I receive similar error messages when going to the Control Panel and click "Lenovo - Factory Recovery Discs."

From reading other forum posts, some have noted that there are problems with the mappings of drives.  My Q Drive partition states it has 2.08 of 14.6 GBs free, so I am more confident there are recover files in there.  For example, I can find the recovery.ini file.  This file however references to an S drive, which I am not sure I have. 

install=recimagex.exe /apply /verify Q:\factoryrecovery\Sdrivebackup.wim 1 S:\
installsplit=recimagex.exe /apply /verify Q:\factoryrecovery\Sdrivebackup.swm 1 S:\ /ref Q:\factoryrecovery\Sdrivebackup*.swm

During the above described Recovery Process - my computer also prompts me asking if I want to open files from the S Drive.

I have tried to download and install Lenovo Recovery and Rescue 4.52, but during the install process it states I have insufficeint memory for the install, which is puzzling since I have 169 GBs of free space on my C drive.

Any advice of how to create recovery discs would be appreciated - whether they use the Lenovo utility or not.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors