Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug673
What's DOS?
Views: 650
Message 1 of 4

DVD doesnt work, day 1

Got a Edge 14 yesterday.  Today the DVD drive no longer shows up, will not read anything (tried all different media).  Called Lenovo and they wont talk to me; computer too new! 

ThinkVantage Toolbox Diagnostic says problem with the DVDRAM driver.  Windows device info says "Windows cannot load the devie driver, Code 39.  Driver details say cdrom.sys is the driver.  When I try to update the driver, it says the driver is up to date. 

Since Lenovo wont talk to me because my computer number isnt in their system, how to I get a replacement or refund? 

doug

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 630
Message 2 of 4

Re: DVD doesnt work, day 1

Call Lenovo customer service, and not the Warranty department, get a RMA number. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
quaglipp
Paper Tape
Views: 578
Message 3 of 4

My hard drive died after the first week and I had trouble getting support.  You need to register the PC before they'll provide service.  I'm not sure where you bought the machine -- I bought mine from lenovo.com and didn't get an email confirmation.  That was evidently the start of the problem since there were supposedly instructions in that message to register the PC (and the warranty.)

Good luck...

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 563
Message 4 of 4

@quaglipp wrote:

My hard drive died after the first week and I had trouble getting support.  You need to register the PC before they'll provide service.  I'm not sure where you bought the machine -- I bought mine from lenovo.com and didn't get an email confirmation.  That was evidently the start of the problem since there were supposedly instructions in that message to register the PC (and the warranty.)

Good luck...

you don't have to register the Thinkpad to get warranty, but if the machine was not sent from the factory and it was an existing stock within the country, then it would take around 2 to 3 weeks to get the warranty through. Alternatively, you can call customer service and speak the CSR to get your warranty registered through the database little bit quicker. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors