cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gracechio613
Paper Tape
Views: 5,581
Message 1 of 5

Does my ThinkPad Edge come with bluetooth?

Hi!  I have a ThinkPad Edge that  I bought from BestBuy. I don't know the model but the type is 057826U. I pressed F9 and i dont see the bluetooth options. I also searched on BIOS and didnt see it either. Does that mean I do not have bluetooth connectivity??? But I have a bluetooth transfer center on my laptop...If i do have bluetooth, can anyone tell me how to turn it on. Thanks!

wyrm
What's DOS?
Views: 5,533
Message 2 of 5

Re: Does my ThinkPad Edge come with bluetooth?

hello there,

Yes, as a matter of fact, it does. I faced the exact same problem today.

Click the "Wireless connections" button (shared with F9), a large-ish window called "Wireless radios" will appear.

Pull down the arrow next to "Individual control" just below. You will probably see that 802.11 Wireless is green but Bluetooth is greyed out. Click it, it should turn green.

If you're lucky (I wasn't), your device manager will say that the BT is right there and running. If you have a warning sign next to it, though, this is what you need to do:

Right-click the BT entry, select "update driver" and wait until it finds, downloads, and installs new drivers. For me, the whole process took about 2-3 minutes.

After that, your BT should become fully active, and you will be able to connect your mouse / printer / phone / whatever.

Good luck,

wyrm

emeu1
Paper Tape
Views: 5,528
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I entered your model number on Lenovo's website. It tells the following about your model:

Product: ThinkPad Edge 14 0578-26U [change]
Operating system: All [change]

Original description: i3-330M(2.13GHz), 4GB RAM, 500GB 5400rpm HD, 14in 1366x768 LCD, Intel HD graphics, CDRW/DVDRW, Intel 802.11bgn wireless, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Camera, 6c Li-Ion, Win7 Professional 64

As you can read, no bluetooth on this model.

Kind regards,

Erik Meussen

gracechio613
Paper Tape
Views: 5,520
Message 4 of 5

I see the 802.11 wireless but no bluetooth button Smiley Sad Thanks for your help!

gracechio613
Paper Tape
Views: 5,519
Message 5 of 5

Yeah...i guess my laptop doesn't come with bluetooth then...But whats up with the bluetooth transfer center??? Are they trying to trick the users??? Smiley Mad Thanks for your help! Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors