08-08-2016 01:57 PM
I just upgraded to Windows 10 and since then I have an issue with the Dolby Digital app.
See the error message I get when I try to start the Dolby Digital Plus application. Can anybody assist me with how to get the dolby digital audio plus driver 220.127.116.11
I have tried just about everything and can't seem to get it solved. The audio driver on Lenovo website for the E540 is also outdated and doesn't solve the issue.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-08-2016 04:55 PM - edited 08-08-2016 04:57 PM
Try the following,
1. Download the latest Conexant Sound driver for your system from Lenovo.
2. Right Click on Start and select Device Manager
3. Double click on Sound and Video Game Controllers to open
4. Right Click on the the Conexant device listed there and select Uninstall
5. On the next screen, Make sure to check the box to "Delete the driver software for this device" before clicking OK
7. Go back to Device manager and if the Conexant device is back, delete it again using the same steps 1-5, but do not reboot after complete.. It should then show just a generic "High definition Audio" device
8. Install the current Conexant driver downloaded previously from Lenovo and test to see if the error is resolved.
08-10-2016 10:11 AM
That is one of the sollutions I've already tried and didn't solve my problem. The conexant driver from the Lenovo support download page for the E540 is also an outdated driver and once installed persist with the same issue. After installing an updated version of the audio driver as screenshot shows I now get a problem of a dll not responding when I want to enable dolby in the properties which again leaves me with no other option of rolling back to previous driver version.
08-10-2016 11:08 AM
I got it solved. I downloaded the Conexant CX20751 drivers on a different link on the Lenovo site which was meant for the Thinkpad S440 (http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-s-series-laptops/thinkpad-s44...) and it solved my problem thanks. Dolby is now working with no issues.