cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guvencs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 603
Message 1 of 5

E220s battery/power status indicator light indicating what?

I have a brand new E220s, and I am not able to understand how to figure out if the battery is fully charged when the system is off (i.e. the laptop is not started but it is connected to power to be recharged). The user guide says that the light right next to the power inlet on the left side of the laptop will be on when the laptop is connected to power, and it will be green when the battery is charged. HOWEVER, on my laptop this light is green as soon as I plug the laptop into power. So, since it is always green, how am I supposed to figure out when the battery is fully charged? Or, is it possible that this light is always green when it is on (i.e. when the laptop is connected to power) which would be really stupid as my 2-year old vaio even show that the battery is fully charged by turning off the battery indicator light completely?

G

Guru
Views: 578
Message 2 of 5

Re: E220s battery/power status indicator light indicating what?

I'm not sure what it's like for the E220s, but on the W520, the light turns off when the laptop finishes charging.

The light should also blink at certain intervals when charging to indicate the amount of charge.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
guvencs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 475
Message 3 of 5

It definitely never does on e220s.

I keep wondering stuff about this nice-looking but full-of-mystery machine, but noone from Lenovo seems to care about responding or suggesting any solutions. Is it just me or do you other guys have the same feeling?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 474
Message 4 of 5

Hi guvencs!

Remember that this is a user-to-user support community, and it is moderated by volunteers like me. Although there is some Lenovo presence, they can't read and respond to every post. They do try to help with some of the broader issues.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
guvencs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 462
Message 5 of 5

I know that this is a user-to-user community; but this is also the only way that one can get some support from Lenovo. As a result, it is not acceptable that they cannot read and respond to every message. They should be able to read and respond if they realize that a user-to-user communication possibility has not helped to solve some of the problems.

You are a volunteer; that's very nice. But you do not need to get all defensive for the Lenovo guys. And, I believe that what you have posted is neither an actual response to my query nor any solution.

Thanks for your interest, anyways...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors