Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elmarjason
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,910
Message 1 of 3

E320 BIOS Update not working "Driver Loading failed"

Hi,

i ave an E320 (1298-5QG, i.e. w/out preloaded OS) with a manually installed Win 7/64bit. BIOS version oi 1.11, every time i try to update the BIOS with BIOS setup utility from System Update i get the error message Driver Loading failed.

What can i do to update the BIOS other than by getting en external optical drive to boot from and setup the BIOS from there?

Former Employee
Views: 1,897
Message 2 of 3

Re: E320 BIOS Update not working "Driver Loading failed"

hey elmarjason,

if i'm not mistaken the bootable bios CD is in an .ISO format . what you could do is this and do note that this is a suggestion and not an official method from Lenovo.

download the ISO file .
get this software >> http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

use the above software to make a USB memory stick to become bootable.

set your unit's bios to boot from USB and in theory; you should be able to load the bios for installation.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
elmarjason
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,891
Message 3 of 3

Re: E320 BIOS Update not working "Driver Loading failed"

Hi Serge1410,

i'll try that in the evening (european time), but i have to admit that i gave in and ordered a USB optical drive so if your solution won't work i'll have a backup plan. Smiley Wink

I'll post the results here.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors