12-29-2011 04:58 PM
Have just got a new E320 and v happy so far except it wont read my SD card. It is a SD HC 16 Gb card that the manual says is OK
I have made sure all Windows updates have been done
I have made sure all Lenovo driver updates have been done
I was surprised when I look in Device Manager under Smart Card Reader, it shows a F5521 Mobile Broadband driver??
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-30-2011 12:40 AM - edited 12-30-2011 12:42 AM
Similar-ish issue here. I've performed a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and have run into problems with installing a driver for this device.
The card reader I am using is device ID E822 from Ricoh (manufacturer code 1180). This is apparently a 'Ricoh PCIe SD/MMC Host Controller' according to PCIDatabase. The device presents as a 'Base System Device'.
Installing the driver listed for my particular model (1141-CTO) via its application installer has no effect on the 'Base System Device'. Manually updating the driver by pointing it to both the unpack directory (C:\DRIVERS\WIN\multicard) and the install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ricoh) is unsuccessful.
I presume that the same card reader is probably used in the E320 - I am wondering if an incorrect driver might be listed for both of these devices?
12-30-2011 05:41 AM
Problem solved in E325 by installing this:
Lenovo support suggested sending the computer to be checked out to another country
Lenovo people. Please clean up your act!
12-30-2011 03:03 PM - edited 12-30-2011 03:04 PM
Bit of an update. I turned the laptop on this morning and it immediately recognised the device as a 'Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller'. The driver installed was version 18.104.22.168, provided by 'Ricoh Company'. I have absolutely no idea why it wasn't able to detect the driver last night as I restarted the laptop at least 5 times..
The other strange thing is that the device is missing from Device Manager unless an SD card is inserted. At that point the 'Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller' appears under 'IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers'.
I'm glad that it's now working and that I have no further oddbal/unrecognised device names in Device Manager, but I'd really like to know why it was so difficult to get the driver installed!