Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buckgw
What's DOS?
Views: 5,841
Message 1 of 6

E320 SD card reader wont work

Have just got a new E320 and v happy so far except it wont read my SD card.  It is a SD HC 16 Gb card that the manual says is OK

I have made sure all Windows updates have been done

I have made sure all Lenovo driver updates have been done

I was surprised when I look in Device Manager under Smart Card Reader, it shows a F5521 Mobile Broadband driver??

Help please

pkelly
What's DOS?
Views: 5,801
Message 2 of 6

Re: E320 SD card reader wont work

Similar-ish issue here. I've performed a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and have run into problems with installing a driver for this device.

The card reader I am using is device ID E822 from Ricoh (manufacturer code 1180). This is apparently a 'Ricoh PCIe SD/MMC Host Controller' according to PCIDatabase. The device presents as a 'Base System Device'.

Installing the driver listed for my particular model (1141-CTO) via its application installer has no effect on the 'Base System Device'. Manually updating the driver by pointing it to both the unpack directory (C:\DRIVERS\WIN\multicard) and the install directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ricoh) is unsuccessful.

I presume that the same card reader is probably used in the E320 - I am wondering if an incorrect driver might be listed for both of these devices?

buckgw
What's DOS?
Views: 5,796
Message 3 of 6

The driver mine came with is an Ericsson one - not Ricoh.  I have seen Ricoh card readers but never Ericsson????

Eprok
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,783
Message 4 of 6

Problem solved in E325 by installing this:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS013697

Lenovo support suggested sending the computer to be checked out to another country Smiley LOL

Lenovo people. Please clean up your act!

pkelly
What's DOS?
Views: 5,770
Message 5 of 6

Bit of an update. I turned the laptop on this morning and it immediately recognised the device as a 'Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller'. The driver installed was version 6.10.10.32, provided by 'Ricoh Company'. I have absolutely no idea why it wasn't able to detect the driver last night as I restarted the laptop at least 5 times..

The other strange thing is that the device is missing from Device Manager unless an SD card is inserted. At that point the 'Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller' appears under 'IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers'.

I'm glad that it's now working and that I have no further oddbal/unrecognised device names in Device Manager, but I'd really like to know why it was so difficult to get the driver installed!

buckgw
What's DOS?
Views: 5,759
Message 6 of 6

many thanks..fixed it

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors