Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martiner
Punch Card
Views: 556
Message 1 of 3

E320 sound crackling / popping issue

Hello

after one year sound problem ocured on my laptom. Everytime I swap between tabs within no matter which web browser strange sound arise form both speakers. Its not only due to flash but also winamp/vlc ... I have run latency meter dpclat.exe and it goes to RED every time the crackling sound arises. I tried all drivers (intel graphics, chipset, contextant...) then clean instalation of windows 7pro and sound is still crackling .... 

does anyone have similar issue ? 

Matthiz
Paper Tape
Views: 347
Message 2 of 3

Re: E320 sound crackling / popping issue

Hi Martiner, I have a similar or the same issue and it's driving me crazy. Now I know at least that a New Installation of Windows won't help fixing it Smiley Sad After hours of desperate search, I have found what's the source of the problem. It is the Power Management Driver not the Energy Manager. I would like to use the Energy Manager because I do think it's a great program which manages the battery life perfectly, but without the PMD it is no use. How did you manage to get solve of the crackling/popping issue??? An Answer would be highly appreciated, I actually just signed up in this forum because of that issue...
Matthiz
Paper Tape
Views: 347
Message 3 of 3

Re: E320 sound crackling / popping issue

Hi Martiner,

I do have the same issue or a similar one. After hours and hours of angry and desperate search I found the root of this or my issue. It is the Power Management Driver. The Energy Manager, which I think is a very useful program, doesn't run without it though. I am quite an audiophile and it's driving me crazy when the crackling comes up all the time, i don't even have to switch tabs or anything. Worst of all... I can't use my external usb sound card, because there it gets even worse. It doesn't only crack or popp, the whole sound turns into a weird metallic sound which makes the music sound awful and painful to listen to.

Have you found a way to get rid of this issue and what was the cause in your case.

An reply would be highly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance

I actually just signed up because of this nerve wracking issue

Second try of writing this message btw, cause first time it just didn't post my message... how I love it when that happens and you forget to copy your message just in case Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors