Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e420sowner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 756
Message 1 of 7

E420s Battery, AMD driver, Power manager PROBLEMS

Hello, I have a thinkpad Edge E420s with Windows 8 64 bit running on it, first of all, the Power Manager does not work at all, it gives compatibility error.

Secondly,  the battery drains like 1% per minute when not plugged in AC, it doesn't last 2 hours while on less than half brightness and only web surfing (tested that).

Thirdly, it has an Intel HD 3000 graphics card, which works normally, and an AMD Radeon HD 6630M, which does not work because it doesn't have a driver yet (I tried everything from lenovo/from AMD/from windows driver update).

(yes, everything is updated to the latest version for win8 64bit, Bios, Power manager, and all)

Anyone having same problems? Any support from lenovo please?

mrpurple
What's DOS?
Views: 718
Message 2 of 7

Re: E420s Battery, AMD driver, Power manager PROBLEMS

My switchable grafic is not working too. Any help by lenovo would be nice. Will there be a AMD PX4.0 Graphics Driver for Windows 8 or do we have to stay on win7 if we want to use the AMD graphics?

jetsonic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 693
Message 3 of 7

Same problem here. The microsoft driver that installs by default is not working. Please fix this issue Lenovo.
CharlyAR
802.11n
Views: 685
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

1. Power Manager is not available for Windows 8. We all have already complained about it but usually you will just get a "talk to the hand" reply or your post deleted. Search the forum for two available workarounds: one using registry and other compatibility mode.

2. Didn't have that issue... Is something using too much CPU constantly? Check using task manager.

3. Same issue here. Anybody any answer regarding this? Is not an "old" machine and my Radeon is useless!

_

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen, ThinkPad X230, ThinkPad S430, ThinkPad T420, ThinkPad E420s, ThinkPad E10s

e420sowner
Fanfold Paper
Views: 649
Message 5 of 7

Thank's for the fast huge support lenovo, this is my last Lenovo product, although it was a ThnkPad.

nstenberg
Serial Port
Views: 630
Message 6 of 7

I have the exact same problems; the biggest of which is the lack of AMD PX4.0 Graphics Driver for Windows 8. The time really has come for Lenovo to release new drivers!

-- Nikolaj
nstenberg
Serial Port
Views: 633
Message 7 of 7

From reading dozens of posts on this forum I gather, that I'm not the only one who is frustrated that Lenovo hasn't said when the company will ship AMD PX4.0 Graphics Driver for Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit).

Lenovo, when will you release those drivers?

Moderator Note; subject edited, post merged in

-- Nikolaj

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors