Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
langhorne84
Paper Tape
Views: 336
Message 1 of 3

E430: Touchpad Clicking Randomly and Keyboard Malfunctioning

Hello Lenovo Community,

A few weeks ago, my touchpad on my e430 began left-clicking and right-clicking randomly. That is, it will click rapidly and repeatedly on whatever my cursor is hovering over, even if my fingers are not anywhere near the laptop. This is a huge nuisance, as it's rendered the laptop almost inoperable thanks to this clicking causing windows to open and close, internet ads to be clicked on, and the right click options bar popping up several times a second.

In addition, I've noticed that my keyboard has begun to malfunction as well, seemingly in tandem with the touchpad problem. Specifically, many keys don't work--or work only part of the time.

I've ran malware scans and virus scans and found nothing. I wonder if it might be related to moisture in the keyboard/touchpad area (the laptop became slightly wet due to a brief rain shower shortly before this problem began), but I am not sure. Can anyone provide insight on this problem and how I might fix it? I would greatly appreciate it.

- LS

HWHAP
What's DOS?
Views: 212
Message 2 of 3

Re: E430: Touchpad Clicking Randomly and Keyboard Malfunctioning

Hey Lenovo guys: please respond ro this question. It's a serious issue, and we need help. I replaced the HD with an SSD, tried a new memory card, and tried to adjust the settings on the trackpad. For some reason, I try to disable tapping and it keeps resetting the setting on its own. I think it might be a Lenovo software issue. Please advise.
HWHAP
What's DOS?
Views: 210
Message 3 of 3

Re: E430: Touchpad Clicking Randomly and Keyboard Malfunctioning

Also, LS -did you find out how to fix it?
Top Kudoed Authors