Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaneLeeth
Paper Tape
Views: 1,290
Message 1 of 3

E431: Powers on but Screen Remains black

We have an issue where some of our E431 devices will power on but the screen will remain black. If we let things sit for awhile and try to boot again it may come up just fine.

There are no beep notifications during POST.

When it boots fine the ThinkPad logo appears and will go on to the OS. If we restart or shutdown the computer may or may not boot.

Has anyone had an issue similar to this and what did you do to correct the issue? We have tried replacing screens, mother boards, new hard drives, and swapping memory but cannot pinpoint what is causing the issue.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

RahulShrivastav
Paper Tape
Views: 974
Message 2 of 3

Re: E431: Powers on but Screen Remains black

Hi Shane,

I've the exact same problem with my E431. Did you get a resolution of it?

Thanks

Rahul

Jaclyn2t17
What's DOS?
Views: 779
Message 3 of 3

Re: E431: Powers on but Screen Remains black

Hi!

I have the same problem with my E431 laptop.  This just occurred recently.  When I press the power button to turn on my laptop, nothing is displayed on the screen.  So what I would do to resolve this is to manually turn off my unit by pressing the power button for a few seconds.  Then I would press the power button again for a few (or several) seconds, and this time, the screen would turn on. 

Sometimes my screen would turn on during the first boot, when I press the power button for several seconds.  But that is not always the case.  Does anyone know how to correct this permanently?  Thank you!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors