Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_T_Kirk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 297
Message 1 of 2

[E470] Lenovo Vantage - battery features turn off automaticly

Hello!

I'm having really weird problem with Lenovo Vantage app. Pretty much all the features concerning the battery turn off on it's own after like 30sec to 1min from launching them.

I've aquaired E470 just recently, got fresh installation of Windows 10, installed all the useful drivers and on the end I installed the Lenovo Vantage app. I wanted to set some battery threshold but I couldn't get it working - it has been turning itself down all the time after like minute or so - I did what it asked me to do - I drained the battery below the wanted threshold but it didn't help. Although I manged somehow (even when it turned off in app) to get 80% threshold but after a week or so without using the laptop when I tried to get it work again it didn't.

The second thing is that the battery gauge reset also turns off itself after a minute or so - without any message.

I updated the BIOS but I didn't test it yet - I'm draining the battery right now to check the threshold.

James_T_Kirk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 265
Message 2 of 2

Re: [E470] Lenovo Vantage - battery features turn off automaticly

Sorry for the wrong board - I didn't notice that it's L and T series only.

Nonetheless, I've manged to get it working just by simply reinstalling Windows and installing the Vantage app right after the first boot. It wasn't problematic because I hadn't installed much by that time, although - I have no idea why it didn't work right from the start after the previous installation of Windows.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors