Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MultipleJoice
What's DOS?
Views: 731
Message 1 of 3

E480 keyboard problems

Hello,

it's been half a year, since I have the E480 and now I have almost everything I need with my installed Ubuntu 18.04.

One bad thing is, that the keys are repeating suddenly when the charger is plugged in. It happens randomly but quite often. It repeats, till I hit another key. Without electricity it's fine! But when I need to work longer and it happens with the erase key - it's really a pain in the ...

Quite similar is this:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-13-E-and/E460-Keys-repeating-when-pressed-for-3-se...

So i refer, that it is no hardware issue. But I really wonder, that nobody else got problems like this. Do you?

Is there any solution for this?

Greetings

Multiple Joice

LudwigS
Paper Tape
Views: 635
Message 2 of 3

Re: E480 keyboard problems

I have exactly the same problem with my E480 and Ubuntu 18.04. Good to know, that I'm not alone.

I have posted this bug report on launchpad https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1787782. Maybe it will help if you could mark that it affects you as well. This might increase the priority to get the bug fixed.

Hopefully someone will find a solution soon.

Fingers crossed!

By the way, according to this post, Lenovo is now working closer together with Linux for firmware updates. I don't know if this would help with this bug, but a lot of Thinkpads have been recently added (LVFS device list). Hopefully, the E480 will be added soon, too.

LudwigS
Paper Tape
Views: 571
Message 3 of 3

Re: E480 keyboard problems

The bug seems to be gone after updating the Laptops BIOS and Firmware from Windows using "Lenovo System Update". Hopefully, Lenovo will provide native Linux support for the E480 too soon and this will be possibility from Linux as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors