Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 743
Message 21 of 113

Re: E485 strangely unresponsive keyboard

as long as i tdoes not brick the device ,even a beta bios can improve usability a lot. and i am sure that the people hree understand that a beta BIOS might not be as stable as a normal release. So jsut release the beta BIOS fo revreyone who wants to test it. 

pitchforks-torches-mob

Posted fro mmy Lenovo e485

Stuart16
Punch Card
Views: 712
Message 22 of 113

It does seem like that would benefit both those who want a stabler final release and those who want a partial resolution now.

trenzterra
Punch Card
Views: 683
Message 23 of 113

Can I check with you guys if you all experience missing keystrokes too? Particularly sometimes shift+2 results in a 2 instead of an @. Wondering if this is an issue of the current bios as well. If so, I can wait. If not it's going back.

Stuart16
Punch Card
Views: 672
Message 24 of 113

I have seen it, but with me it does not happen as often as key transpositions. It seems like it also has to do with timing, as it does not happen when I am slower and more deliberate with the keypresses. I have not tried the beta bios yet. Has anyone seen this effect and had it fixed with the bios update?

EDIT: I think this must be a key transposition as well. If the driver registers the 2 keypress before the shift keypress, I guess the shift would do nothing, which would make it look like the shift keypress was dropped entirely.

arcooke
Punch Card
Views: 653
Message 25 of 113

Same issue with my E585

Typing too fast results in swapped characters.  Weird issue.  PM'd Andy for beta, anxious to try it out.  This drives me insane.  Definitely needs to be fixed at the bios level, the issue is present even before booting into an OS (GRUB for example)

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 593
Message 26 of 113

All,

As a result of the increase in members reporting this issue in the last few days I have requested engineering to package the the ECP (Embedded Controller Program) in a manner suitable to risk free distribution and installation. I hope to be able to confirm and provide more information on Tuesday.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

trenzterra
Punch Card
Views: 583
Message 27 of 113

Thank you. In the meantime, is there a BETA bios that you can private message to us? I am aware of all the risks involved
Xepter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 580
Message 28 of 113

Thanks Andy. Can this patch be installed from a Linux system? I know a few of us have sent our Windows partitions to the great datacentre in the sky.
b0_123
Punch Card
Views: 519
Message 29 of 113

I also asked for this beta BIOS but don't get an answer Smiley Sad I hope the new BIOS or Embedded Controller firmware will released shortly, because this problem is really annoying. The E485 has a bunch of problems like low performance and a very short battery life of 3 hours.

Jackim
Paper Tape
Views: 623
Message 30 of 113

I am having the issue too with missing characters and lag on the keyboard. Also the 3 trackpad buttons are unresponsive sometimes, resulting have to click again, a time waster and frustrating problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors