Munchkin86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,501
Message 1 of 2

E520 Graphic card + express card slot + too many processes

Hey everybody,

I'm new to this community.

I just got an E520.

I already read the thread about this graphic card problem. So I was wondering if there is something new about this graphic card?

I updated my system via the Thinkpad update program.

Should i update the AMD driver?

The current driver version is: 8.811.1.5000

I can config and load the ATI control panel but when i go to config the screen and choose the display resolution i also can click on extended setup. when going into this area only the Intel HD graphic card is selected, not anything about the ATI.

with which program can i control which graphic card is currently running?

i know i can also just choose one graphic card in bios, but i want both cards are working.

so is there a possibility that i can just deactivate the ati graphic card when using battery mode?

How can i open the express card slot at the right side?

I couldn't find a button or something to press to release the plastic so i can insert a 34mm express card.

And the last question,

when i booted the computer for the first time i saw that in the task manager are about 100 processes, that doesn't seem normal. I mean i know there are a lot of Lenovos own software working in the background, but on my old device i had about 50 to max 70 process running.

When i open the task manager i don't even see all process which are running, the task manager only lists about 40-50 processes not more.

any solution

which processes are not necessary and can be loaded by opening the application by itself?

Hope u understand what i mean, English isn't my mother tongue.

Former Employee
Views: 1,463
Message 2 of 2

Re: E520 Graphic card + express card slot + too many processes

hey Munchkin86,

-AMD driver, install the latest one one if the current version which you have on your unit is causing issues.

-The E520 comes with Intel HD Graphic card and thus the ATI Control Panel will not work accordingly.

- for the express card slot, just press it and the plastic holder should pop out. Also, refer to this : http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/0a60536.pdf

- on the part of the processes, depending on the OS, software and drivers installed, having 100+ or so processes is possible. Rule of thumb, if it does not affect the performance of your unit; leave it alone.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors