Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sporadik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 515
Message 1 of 4

E520 LCD Panel cracked

My screen cracked Smiley Mad , IMO yes it was my fault but very little pressure cracked it. Does the e520 use the same panel as the edge 15? No way I want to sell a kidney and pay Lenovo hundreds just to swap a screen worth $60. Still surpised this cracked and isn't reinforced, it really shouldn't be as flimsy. From what I've read the e420 or edge 14 don't have this issue. As far as I can see the panel looks the exact same as the edge 15 specs and all.  If the panel isn't the same can I just order a panel from Lenovo instead of having to sell organs to have them install it and take probably weeks? No way I should have to pay half the price of the Thinkpad just for the LCD panel

Sporadik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 501
Message 2 of 4

Re: E520 LCD Panel cracked

Well this replacement is identical and installation was painless. I can confirm they use the same panel, although the model numbers are different. LG LCD panels are used. Colour and (not the greatest)viewing angles etc., are identical. If I didn't swap them myself I wouldn't tell the difference
PalmTree
Fanfold Paper
Views: 498
Message 3 of 4

Thank for sharing your experience, Sporadik. Could you tell how much exactly does this priviledge of cracking a screen costs? I own a e520 too, so heads up on that would be worth knowing Smiley Happy

Sporadik
Fanfold Paper
Views: 491
Message 4 of 4

I spent $55 Canadian (same as USD right now). So not much!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors