Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Antoni
Punch Card
Views: 365
Message 1 of 2

E520 brightness on startup

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with screen brightness control on my E520. Whenever I reboot  the system, the brightness turns to maximum, then when I relogin into windows the Power Manager automatically starts up and sets the brightness according to its settings. This works only if the Power Manager's option "Show Power Manager Gauge in task bar" is left ticked, because with that option disabled the Power Manager doesn't automatically adjust the brightness on startup.

There are 2 problems:

1) on every reboot the brightness is turned to maximum (on every other notebook I've seen the brightness level is kept).

2) the Power Manager doesn't work without the green battery meter on taskbar. I want it to automatically adjust the brightness on startup but I don't want the battery meter on the taskbar.

I'm on a fresh windows xp installation and I have all the updated drivers (including intel chipset, intel management engine interface, lenovo power management) installed.

Has anyone a fix for this?

Antoni
Punch Card
Views: 314
Message 2 of 2

Re: E520 brightness on startup

Anyone can provide some support?

How can I manage to get the Power Manager working without having the powergauge in the taskbar?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors