cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkergeek
Paper Tape
Views: 432
Message 1 of 4

E520 slows/black screen after BIOS update. Can I undo BIOS update?

In preparation for Win 10 key I updated the BIOS on an E520 using the Lenovo Service Bridge.  Os is Win 7 64-bit.  LSB showed old BIOS was backed up.

Old bios   LENOVO 8HET30WW(1.12)

New bios LENOVO 8HET44WW(1.26)

Now bootup and windows start up are painfully slow.  Further there is a black screen in the middle of the wake up process.

How can I undo the BIOS update to revert back to Old bios   LENOVO 8HET30WW(1.12)?

Or can anything be tweaked to improve the bootup time?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 394
Message 2 of 4

Re: E520 slows/black screen after BIOS update. Can I undo BIOS update?

Hello and welcome,

The older versions of the BIOS are located at the bottom of the download page:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-Edge-laptops/ThinkPad-Edge-E5...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

tinkergeek
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 3 of 4

Thanks!  Noticed there is not a package for 8HET30WW.  Is the next best thing to pick a near version by package number or by 8HETxxWW number?

alex5723
802.11n
Views: 364
Message 4 of 4

E520 isn't Windows 10 compatible.

https://support.lenovo.com/il/en/documents/ht103535#thinkpad

p.s I am running LENOVO 8HET44WW(1.26) on  my E520 with zero problems since release.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors