cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkergeek
Paper Tape
Views: 513
Message 1 of 4

E520 slows/black screen after BIOS update. Can I undo BIOS update?

In preparation for Win 10 key I updated the BIOS on an E520 using the Lenovo Service Bridge.  Os is Win 7 64-bit.  LSB showed old BIOS was backed up.

Old bios   LENOVO 8HET30WW(1.12)

New bios LENOVO 8HET44WW(1.26)

Now bootup and windows start up are painfully slow.  Further there is a black screen in the middle of the wake up process.

How can I undo the BIOS update to revert back to Old bios   LENOVO 8HET30WW(1.12)?

Or can anything be tweaked to improve the bootup time?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 475
Message 2 of 4

Re: E520 slows/black screen after BIOS update. Can I undo BIOS update?

Hello and welcome,

The older versions of the BIOS are located at the bottom of the download page:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-Edge-laptops/ThinkPad-Edge-E5...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

tinkergeek
Paper Tape
Views: 460
Message 3 of 4

Thanks!  Noticed there is not a package for 8HET30WW.  Is the next best thing to pick a near version by package number or by 8HETxxWW number?

alex5723
Bit Torrent
Views: 445
Message 4 of 4

E520 isn't Windows 10 compatible.

https://support.lenovo.com/il/en/documents/ht103535#thinkpad

p.s I am running LENOVO 8HET44WW(1.26) on  my E520 with zero problems since release.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors