Did you mean: 
Highlighted
silencesys
Token Ring
Views: 1,216
Message 1 of 5

E530 - BSOD Win8

Hello,

today i updated my Lenovo Edge E530 to Windows 8 and downloaded latest drivers from support web site. 

First I can't find new Cardreader driver - so the the device shows up in my Device Manager as Unknown. And my second problem is I get BSODs saying "driver "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" with file ndis.sys or aswenet.sys.

Any tips? Smiley Sad

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,161
Message 2 of 5

Re: E530 - BSOD Win8

Hi silencesys,

Don't know about the cardreader, but ndis.sys and aswenet.sys have to do with network drivers.

ndis.sys should have to do with the wireless card. What wireless card do you you have in there?

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
yiri
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,152
Message 3 of 5

This is interesting to me because I have a freshly upgraded Win8 E530 and don't get this problem (yet... crossing fingers.) By card reader, do you mean the USIM reader or the SD reader?

"Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent – thus wisdom wants us: she is a woman, and loves only a warrior." - Friedrich Nietzsche
silencesys
Token Ring
Views: 1,067
Message 4 of 5

Problem is with the official nVidia driver update (306.97) – Lenovo works but I can't open Photoshop CS6 or games - application stops responding (don't know why Smiley Indifferent)

SD card reader - Of course there is a Windows 7 driver but I don't know why they can't make a newer driver or just change the description on the support website.

silencesys
Token Ring
Views: 941
Message 5 of 5

Fixed after uninstalling Avast free antivirus.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors