Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaledonKen
Paper Tape
Views: 957
Message 1 of 2

E530 - Can't Boot from Recovery USB

I have an E530, Type 6272-4FU, with Windows 7 Pro installed. I want to restore to factory defaults, it been through a lot.

I created Recovery Media using the Lenovo tools, one copy. It took a while but there were no error message and at the end it said created successfully.

I've insert in both the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and tried to boot, same results

I hit F12 as the machine boots. I get the boot menu. I select the USB HDD (which is my USB Thumb Drive, can tell by name).

The thumb drive flashes and then represents screen.

Checked in BIOS, secure boot is off.

Under Boot Panel

UEFI/Legacy Boot set to BOTH

UEFI/Legacy Boot Priority set to Legacy First

CSM Support is set to Yes

Boot Mode is set to Quick.

It appears to me the USB boot key was not created correctly.

Thoughts, recommendations.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 929
Message 2 of 2

Re: E530 - Can't Boot from Recovery USB

Hello and welcome,

A couple of things: check the flash drive's partition to see if it's set active. If not, set it.  You may need that if the media is intended to install in legacy mode. (I don't recall for that vintage of machine...)

If Win 7 is the factory install, how about using the local recovery option?  Hit F11 @ boot time and see if it offers that as an option.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors