Options

3 Posts

08-25-2015

Brasschaat, Belgium

9 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 4

E530 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230, after update to Windows 10 Wifi connection drops

2015-08-29, 7:27 AM

Hi there,

My Lenovo Thinkpad D530 came with Windows 7, 64 bits and worked without faults for 2 1/2 years.

Some days ago I updated my system to Windows 10, 64 bits.

Since than I got problems with wireless connections. The wireless component build in is the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230. Its installed Intel driver has version 15.18.0.1 from 30-April-2015.

When I start-up my laptop it automatically connects to my wireless router, but when I start-up my browser the wireless connection gets dropped, so that I even cannot connect to a simple page like Google.

Connection via Ethernet / LAN works, but here of course another HW- and SW component is involved.

Any advice welcome !

Michael

Solved! See the solution
Options

4097 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38394 Signins

574096 Page Views

• Views: 574096
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: E530 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230, after update to Windows 10 Wifi connection drops

2015-08-30, 18:24 PM

Hi Michael,

What model laptop do you have?

Lenovo made an L530, T530, E530 and W530, but no D530.

Let me know what it is and I'll move it to the correct board.

Regards,

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Options

3 Posts

08-25-2015

Brasschaat, Belgium

9 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: E530, Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230, after update to Windows 10 Wifi connection drops

2015-08-31, 7:44 AM

Hi there,

My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad E530, so my initial post of an D530 was wrong - sorry for that.

In the meantime I solved the problem myself.

I did it the following way:

1st I disabled WiFI and Bluetooth of the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card in the device manager.

Than I made the installation of all components belonging to the card undone.

Afterwards I rebooted the laptop once and turned it completely off after this. Than I removed power

connection and the battery,opened the backpanel and removed the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card,

which is just connected with a single screw and the two antennas plugged in.

Closed cover and shifted battery back in.

Now I booted the laptop once more, in order that it recognized that there is no Wireless card in it anymore.

I turned off the laptop once more. Removed backcover and battery once more. Added the Wireless

component back to the laptop, closed backcover and shifted battery in one more time. Power cable

in and started-up the laptop. After login I entered device Manager with Windows+X+R, positioned the

mouse on Lenovo E530 and pressed the right-hand-botton of the mouse to scan for hardware changes.

My Wireless card got detected with Bluetooth device and WiFi device. For both the drivers got installed

automaticcaly by the system. I restarted the laptop a last time. Afterwards I made connection to my

wireless network. Since than it works without fault.

The Wireless driver version is 15.18.0.1 from 30-April-2015.

For the Bluetooth device I don't care, because I do not use it.

That's it folks. I hope I was able to help other people as well - having the same problem I had.

Kind regards, Michael

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

09-08-2015

Canada

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 4 of 4

Re: E530, Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230, after update to Windows 10 Wifi connection drops

2015-09-08, 1:31 AM

I had the same problem with the Intel Centrino N-2230 in my E-430. This solution didn't works for me. I reinitiated Windows 10 in the settings menu and by miracle the wifi connection is come back!

The reinitiating process  has also the advantage of eliminating a lot of programs from Intel and Lenovo which seem have the only purpose to slow the machine. 

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete