Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickaxe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 793
Message 1 of 10

E530 strange power issue

Hello,

i am experiencing the following issue with an approx 3 month old E530.

once the laptop is on if I move the screen/lid even slightly the machine powers off - it seems to be going into sleep mode as pressing a key brings it back to life and presents me with the windows login screen instantly.

I have set the action upon closing of the lid to 'do nothing' in Power Manager & native windows power management options to no effect. this is very frustrating as i cannot move the laptop around as i don't want this happening each time.

i have upgraded to BIOS v1.17 which hasn't helped me to reslove this either.

Any help is greatly appreciated - great machine to work with other than this problem.

Regards,

Mike.

stazza123
Paper Tape
Views: 718
Message 2 of 10

Re: E530 strange power issue

Hi,

Im having exactly the same issue Lenovo E530 slight movement of the screen or anymovement just cuts the power and then have to boot again.

Updated with latest BIOs and power management, This is not good for business, i must say im highly disapointed as this is the 3rd laptop from lenovo in the last 2 days that has gone down with a fault!

Any ideas how to fix this!

mickaxe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 699
Message 3 of 10

Hi Stazza,

i also tried reseating the hd as i read in a post that this may be a cause but no improvement.

Can anyone help us?

Regards,

stazza123
Paper Tape
Views: 687
Message 4 of 10

tried the same and nothing Smiley Sad
kevinj
Punch Card
Views: 662
Message 5 of 10

Send it in for repair...

stazza123
Paper Tape
Views: 660
Message 6 of 10

Sent it in this morning, Still would be nice to know seems as you know we have paid hard earned cash to purchase the **bleep** thing

kevinj
Punch Card
Views: 649
Message 7 of 10

I've learned my lesson since I'm on my 2nd lenovo too (first one had a few issue within the 1st week). I'll never buy this brand again. Support is next to zero and issues that appear on a lot of models "can not be replicated by the staff".

sonnykui
Paper Tape
Views: 528
Message 8 of 10

Any luck after sending it in for repair? I have the same problem and wondering if I should just return it or have them repair it. Thx.

mickaxe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 511
Message 9 of 10

No! I sent the machine to repair centre where they replaced the motherboard and then the processor.
They informed me that the machine appeared to be fixed and arranged collection.
I got it back last wed and I had it running for maybe 30 mins when the same problem occurred.
I haven't had the will to call support back since as I was so frustrated. I'll have to call tomorrow.

This laptop was one of four I purchased for company use. 2 have had these problems. It's my first experience of Lenovo devices and its been a very poor one.

Mike.
sonnykui
Paper Tape
Views: 503
Message 10 of 10

Sorry to hear that Mike. I'm going to save myself the headache and returning mine. 

Good luck to you !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors