09-04-2015

USA

13 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 1

E531 - Not able to successfully install recovery media for WIn 7

2015-09-04, 21:27 PM

Have an E531 laptop, hard drive died. Dead. That killed the option of doing a recovery from the recover partition.

The initial recovery disks made upon first use are not available as I write this.

Ordered the four disk set, 2 Apps and drivers and 2 OS recover discs, from Lenovo.

Os is Win 7 Home Premium 64.

------------

Upon recite of software with new clean drive installed I began the process. Disk 1 Formatted and installed drivers, then asked for the 1st os disk. loaded it and got repeated errors saying it was the wrong disk. After over an hour of that process I gave up. Called Lenovo that Monday, found they had sent an incorrect version of the OS.

Received the correct 7 home premium 64. Began the process all over again with a new clean HD..

Loaded disk one and it did not format the disk but did "load Windows" then the Win boot Manager from the bios comes up and says "Windows failed to start. It can not find the file winload.exe. That is the roadblock.

Yup, that makes sense as there is no OS installed on that drive.That is what I am trying to do

The Windows Boot Manager never appeared in the initial failed attempt to install. .

So after way to many hours spent trying to resolve this issue I am here.

I have tried everything I can think of to bypass this.

Is there a way to disable the boot manager so it does not interrupt this process and allows me to do the complete install using the four disks from Lenovo?

This laptop is needed as a backup for a 3rd year Law School student. So it is rather important time wise that I can resolve this issue. If not I will have to buy yet another new one.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save