Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naaier
Punch Card
Views: 499
Message 1 of 2

E531 - Wifi disconnecting

Hello

I've been using my E531 (i5-3230m,6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, FHD, GT740M, Windows 10) for 2 years but I'm having a problem with wifi connection at home for past 2-3 days. Laptop keeps disconnecting and connecting again every 5-10 seconds and the connection is not working at all, after couple of minutes it's unable to find any wifi network. Other devices connected to the same router have no problem at all. I tried reinstalling Broadcom drivers many times, even about 3 different versions, reinstalling many other drivers, even flashing BIOS to the latest one.  But really strange is, that today it was working well for maybe 2 hours, but when I connected my external monitor (Asus VX239) through HDMI port, wifi started to disconnect again. I have no idea whether it is somehow related to that, because these problems have started when I brought this monitor home (I've been using it for approx. 6 months in college).

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 465
Message 2 of 2

Re: E531 - Wifi disconnecting

Have you tried resetting your router?    I find that a router reset solves many of these intermittent issues, even though other devices appear to connect just fine.

Also try disabling Power Management for the WiFi adapter from within its properties in Device Manager, it could be some power saving problem that is powering off the adapter.   

Some USB 3.0 hubs/devices can interfere with the 2.4Ghz frequency used by Bluetooth WiFi, so if your WiFi is using the 2.4Ghz band, and you have added any new USB devices recently, try removing them to see if that makes a difference too.     If you find that is the case, see if you can switch your WiFi to 5Ghz.

Good luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors