Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Borggren
Paper Tape
Views: 3,578
Message 1 of 3

E540 touchpad is not working

Suddently the Synaptics UltraNav touchpad stopped working on my E540. The driver is tha latest: 18.0.7.40.

The Lenovo solution center says it is deactivated.

RainmanP
802.11n
Views: 3,538
Message 2 of 3

Re: E540 touchpad is not working

I do not have this device, but I will offer what has worked on my Yoga 2 Pro.  First and simplest, I assume you have checked Fn F9 (I think it is F9, but I do not have my Y2P with me right now; the proper F key has a picture of a touchpad with a line through it).  This toggles the touchpad.  A couple of times I have somehow accidentally toggled my touchpad off.  I do not know how, but it definitely was NOT by accidentally using Fn F9.  I think this key combination is pretty standard on Lenovo devices.

Second thing is, that after a Windows 8.1 update my touchpad stopped working.  I already had the latest driver, but Iuninstalled the driver, restarted, re-installed the same driver, and everything was fine.  When you re-start you will have touchpad functionality, but it will be slow until you re-install the proper driver.  If you have an external mouse, that would be handy.

Hope this helps.

Borggren
Paper Tape
Views: 3,511
Message 3 of 3

Re: E540 touchpad is not working

Problem solved..

Instead of just update the driver to the latest version,  i uninstalled the updated latest driver completely, and installed the driver again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors