australia

2 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 1

E550 Difficulties to get the most out of 3D application

2015-09-12, 14:14 PM

HI,

I have a one week old E550, with Windows 10 Pro,  Intel HD graphics 5500 and the AMD Radeon R7 M265 Series. 8Gig Ram, and I7 processor with the 128GB SSD and a FullHD monitor, 15.4".

I have tried for 2 days straight to tweak just about all the Advanced graphics optionsBoth on the AMD catalyst graphic proprieties and on the Intel Interface also... so that I get good Anti Aliasing on the CAD applications I use. One is a Java application and the other is written in C++. Both use OpenGL.. These are not very processor intensive 3D graphics at all. I have very good results with a much less capable graphics card then what is on the E550. I just cannot get the applications to display with high quality... There is no anti aliasing at all, all the 3D objects have jagged lines.

As said... I have tried many different advanced settings.. also the power management I made sure I give priority to quality over performance.

I am starting to think I have a driver problem.

Any suggestions?

Next I complain to Lenovo.. this is not fun as I chose this laptop exactly because I need good quality graphics.

Thanks,

Frank

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save