Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilythia
Paper Tape
Views: 996
Message 1 of 5

E550 and ThinkPad OneLink Pro - external monitors either absent or flickering

I have a ThinkPad E550 laptop connected to two Acer V246HL monitors via a ThinkPad OneLink Pro dock.

One monitor is connected via DVI/HDMI to the dock and the other connected either via VGA or DVI/HDMI directly into the laptop. 

When both are connected via DVI/HDMI only one monitor will be detected. When one is connected via VGA both monitors are detected, however the one connected via VGA will flicker or blink off and on. Disconnecting the ThinkPad dock solves this issue.

I have tried the following:

Uninstalled and reinstalled graphics drivers

Updated dock firmware

Run updates on graphics drivers

Checked different cables

Checked different monitors

Checked different dock

Checked different laptop

Run Lenovo VGA fix

The Lenovo VGA fix would not complete and ended up in error loop. After advice from the internet I unplugged the dock and tried again, but failed. I then unplugged everything but the VGA cable and tried again, but failed. I unplugged all peripherals and tried again, but still failed. Errors include "Invalid AUX device" and"Enable Aux2 Reg Failed".

Finally I redownloaded the fix, unblocked everything before unzipping then ran as Administrator, however it all still failed.

Any other advice? I can run off battery for a while but not for a full working day.

Bognostroclum
Blue Screen Again
Views: 979
Message 2 of 5

Re: E550 and ThinkPad OneLink Pro - external monitors either absent or flickering

I had this problem with an E450. You need to do this: https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/documents/HT104459
Ilythia
Paper Tape
Views: 973
Message 3 of 5

Re: E550 and ThinkPad OneLink Pro - external monitors either absent or flickering

@Ilythia wrote:

The Lenovo VGA fix would not complete and ended up in error loop. After advice from the internet I unplugged the dock and tried again, but failed. I then unplugged everything but the VGA cable and tried again, but failed. I unplugged all peripherals and tried again, but still failed. Errors include "Invalid AUX device" and"Enable Aux2 Reg Failed".

Finally I redownloaded the fix, unblocked everything before unzipping then ran as Administrator, however it all still failed.

I've already tried implementing this fix, but with no success.

bkruse
Paper Tape
Views: 790
Message 4 of 5

Did you get this problem solved?  I have the same problem.  

regebro
Paper Tape
Views: 532
Message 5 of 5

The VGA fix is for the onboard VGA port only.

There's a firmware update for the dock that is supposed to fix the problem, but didn't for me.

I've switched to using the computers HDMI port, and since I'm running Ubuntu for the most time the speaker output also doesn't work, meaning that the OneLink Pro Dock now is used only as a USB hub. What a waste of money.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors