Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reblacklaf
Punch Card
Views: 334
Message 1 of 1

E560 Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 problem

Hello, I just got my E560 on 9/27/16. It has windows 7, 64 pro installed. I plugged in the battery and waited an hour or so before turning the system on. Everything booted ok and I entered my hidden router for my wifi. Unfortuanly, it would not connect. I finally dug out an old ethernet cable to hook up and test the system and download some software. I then unhid my router and still was not able to find it. Everyones router in the neigborhood showed up but mine. I call tech support but they claimed that it was my routers software. I have 4 other devices working just fine on the wifi and I even set my printer up for wifi while the router was hidden with no problem. I checked the Lenovo site for updates but the system said everything was up to date. I went to the Intel site and downloaded their current driver for this card. The laptop finally noticed the router while it was unhidden and I again hid the router and rebooted my Laptop. This cured the problem. However, I was displeased with Customer service they tried to tell me it was a problem with my router and not the system and all my drivers shipped from the factory were up to date. I hope this will help anyone who has a similar problem.

Top Kudoed Authors