Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
N_S
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 1 of 2

E560 Trackpoint trouble

I am having some trouble with the trackpoint of my E560, and would like to know if it is possible to disable the trackpoint without disabling the trackpoint buttons (above the trackpad).

Whenever I have the trackpoint enabled the cursor will start drifting and the trackpad will respond badly to input. However, when I disable the trackpoint the trackpoint buttons are also disabled, which I use frequently.

Tech support sent me a new keyboard, but this didn't fix the issue and I cannot afford to lose my laptop for a week for repair at the moment. Support told me there is a option to disable the trackpoit in the BIOS, which does not seem to be there even though I updated the BIOS.

Is there a way to disable the trackpoint without disabling the buttons? Or a way to repair without losig my laptop for a prolonged time? This is a DOA issue, and not the only issue i've been having with this laptop.

Really expected better quality from a Thinkpad especially on the driver level.

Been having trouble with the mouse and video driver since day one. Even on a clean install.

JJ6
Paper Tape
Views: 98
Message 2 of 2

Re: E560 Trackpoint trouble

i have the same issue with the trackpoint keeping in motion. i dont wanna disable it though, coz i use it frequently. is there an solution to the problem?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors