Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)

E570 Audio will not work without headphones

Hello all,

The audio on my E570 has stopped working for about a month now, and I am not sure why. I have tried completely removing the Conexant driver and reinstalling, removing and restarting, restarting the windows audio service, removing the microphone, sound, and conexant drivers in all orders (after re-install). I used the driver available on the E570 driver page for the audio specifically. It is my understanding that I cannot use realtek audio driver instead as well. 

My sound works when I plug in headphones in the audio jack, however my microphone sends feedback when using skype and other chats (other person hears themselves). 

I read online that the audio jack can sometimes malfunction and cause the computer to think that there are headphones plugged in, however the computer clearly detects the headphones, and detects when the headphones have been removed.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Is there any other options for me to test before I am forced to attempt a restore?

Thank you

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4 (263 Views)

Re: E570 Audio will not work without headphones

I am in the same boat my friend, Regret buying this laptop now

Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)

[ Edited ]

A user on this forum helped me solve the issue.

Download Hotkey Intergrations (https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1wvu25e.exe) once you've installed press Fn + F1 twice (Mute and Unmute sound) and BINGO! You should now have sound Smiley Wink

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 4 (249 Views)

Thank you! Out of all the things, that did it!
Top kudoed Authors