11-12-2010 05:15 AM
I recently bought an Edge 11 with the Core i3 CPU (German Version). All in all I am very happy with the device, but there are some issues/bugs that are bothering me:
- The TrackPad and the TrackPoint sometimes do not work after wakeup from sleep mode. The devices are disabled in System Setting/Mouse/Hardware Menu, and cannot be reactivated. An USB attached mouse does work. This bug occurs in Battery and AC-Mode.
- Sometimes the notebook goes into sleep mode when I am actually working with it and needs to be hard re-settet. Actually a very annoying bug. The CPU is not running hot. This bug happens only in Battery Mode.
- 1 out of 10 times the notebook does not go into sleep mode if I close the screen. (Both battery and AC-mode)
I am running the preinstalled Windows 7 64bit Premium Edition and all drivers/software/tools are updated with the integrated lenovo update tool. Even the newest Bios version (1.06?) is installed.
- Is Lenovo aware of these issues?
- Are the tool/sw related or bios related?
- Do other Core i3 Edge 11 owners have the same issues ?
11-12-2010 01:42 PM
I can't explain the problems you are having, though I did sometimes have the same issue of the laptop not entering sleep mode on my old X61.
But I have not experienced any of these problems on my Edge 11 core i3.
11-17-2010 03:16 AM
What Proplem do you have exactly? The one with the shutdown in battery mode during work or the TrackPad/TrackPoint issues?
A Litte update from my side:
- I could fix my TrackPad/Trackpoint related issues by disabling (startup) the "SynTPEnh.exe" file via msconfig. I did not loose any mouse related functionality but the Notebook goes into sleep mode and wakes up without the problems I mentioned.
- The shutdown during work may be related to a Virtualbox Installation. But I am not sure at the moment.Please report any information that may help. THX
11-17-2010 06:26 AM
I had the problem with the frozen touchpad, but I haven't had it since I disabled the same feature as you're talking about. Mine hasn't had any problems with shutdowns or not being able to go into sleep mode.
02-15-2011 10:33 AM
Having both symptoms on my Edge 11 (i3, Win 7 64bit):
04-21-2011 06:32 PM
I also have both issues:
Although these problems are minor, they have been quite annoying because it happens so often
My Thinkpad Edge 11 is only six days old and it has done this so many times that i actually looked these problems up. Can someone from Lenovo please elaborate on these problems, or should i return this clearly faulty device?
06-05-2011 11:09 AM
I have the same problem with my Edge11, in that when it comes out of sleep it doesn't always restore the touchpad. However, I use a Bluetooth mouse as well and that doesn't work either - I assume the same thing affecting the touchpad is affecting Bluetooth as well.