Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilsdorf17
Paper Tape
Views: 1,451
Message 1 of 4

Edge 15 - Graphics Card Driver Problem

I recently updated my thinkpad with the update tool and since then it won't pick up my graphics card. It is a Radeon 545v or 5145. The catalyst cc only says that there isn't a graphics card installed or that the wrong divers are installed.

I've tried reinstalling CCC and the correct drivers but they don't seem to work. I've even completely formatted my laptop with the recovery disks but it still doesn't work. I'm basically now stuck on a 1024x768 resolution.

The updat only contained a 2mb BIOS update and other very small things not related to display.

Can somebody please give me some advice on how to fix it or should i rather contact Lenovo on this matter?

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,401
Message 2 of 4

Re: Edge 15 - Graphics Card Driver Problem

Try to load default settings in the BIOS.

And what does it says in device manager ?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

MFSP
What's DOS?
Views: 1,322
Message 3 of 4

Return to previous version of BIOS.
windybob73
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,310
Message 4 of 4

This is BIOS problem.

Here is my story:

Today I bought a Lenovo edge 15 (0301-7DG) for my girlfriend.As an I.T. manager i my first thoughts were to update BIOS in version 1.21 and do a clean install of Windows 7.

When i finished with the install, in device manager i had a yellow issue with pci standard  pci to pci bridge.

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.",

and no display adapter was shown in device manager.

I said it's ok. i need to install the latest intel chipset driver so I did it but with no success.The ''pci standard  pci to pci bridge'' became ''intel processor pci express root port'' with the same issue: 

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

and still no display adapter.

I tried format with Vista 32-bit but the same problem.

After that, i downgraded BIOS to 1.20 but still the same.

I downgraded again in BIOS 1.17 ((80ET40WW) and guess what, everything was fine....

I replied to this post -except from helping- because i think Lenovo support-technical department should know about this (very annoying) issue and also has to fix this with a working BIOS update version.

Also i would like from a mod here to give me an email to inform directly the Lenovo support of this issue.

Sorry for my english,

Many greetings from Greece,

Bob

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors