cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldManinNC
What's DOS?
Views: 437
Message 1 of 5

Edge 40 How do I set up and use the integrated Wecam? It is not listed in Device Manager.

We just purchased this new edge 40 with the integrated webcam, but it doesn't show up in our device manager, nor can I find how to use it or set it up in the help that came with this.

How can we set it up and use it?

Thanks

OldManinNC
What's DOS?
Views: 414
Message 2 of 5

Re: Edge 40 How do I set up and use the integrated Wecam? It is not listed in Device Manager.

Found the problem. The software was never installed.

I downloaded software from yawcam and the camera magically came to life.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 410
Message 3 of 5

Re: Edge 40 How do I set up and use the integrated Wecam? It is not listed in Device Manager.

That's great that you figured that out.  How about marking your last post as solved so other posters can find it easily.

Thanks

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
pbrownr
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 4 of 5

My Integrated Camera is listed in th device manager and the LED light's up, however, it fails to display. I tested the connection against google video chat and Windows messenger. The Thinkvantage software even reports the camera as functioning. During one test, we connected a seperate USB camera to the laptop and got the service to work. We unplugged the usb camera from the laptop and the integrated camers took over and functioned well during the test.  I realize it's software driven but I don't know the path to take.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 385
Message 5 of 5

I think that fn+esc still enables and disables the camera.

I know in live messenger you have to open tools, audio and video setup to have the camera work.

Yawcam seems to be a good program to use the camera in, according to other posters.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors