Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuh1
Paper Tape
Views: 234
Message 1 of 2

Edge 525 & Rescue & Recovery & No recovery Partition But Disks

I have gone to restore my laptop to Factory setting but in the rescue and recovery application i do not have any option to recover to the laptop as it came out the factory.

When i got the laptop i created rescue media and have a set of 4 disks, All DVD(2 are 8.5GB). The R&R  boots and asks for the Final C disk. None of the disks display in the backup listbox.

Before i went for a fresh install using a Windows 7 disk, i got R&R to off load media to a portable drive. This will boot to a different version of R&R similar to the post 2008 walkthrough. But the screen i get does not have the radio button for Factory restore, just the backup and when i put my DVD's in, no backup is found from the media i have...

I removed the factory partition after i created the media as i presumed i could get back to the factory using them.

My fresh install of windows 7 works but downloading the wireless driver from Lenovo doesn't activate...

wish i never started to mess with it now....

Any suggestions???

Stuh1
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 2 of 2

Re: Edge 525 & Rescue & Recovery & No recovery Partition But Disks

Update: All Restored and Working again...

Must label the Disks better in the future... I had 4 disks in a bundle, the first being the Rescue repair disk, which boots to a similar screen.

As 1 of my disks didn't do anything in the various rescue and recovery application i used from previous thinkpads. Turned out this was bootable and the proper rescue and recovery for my set of disks... cdrivebackup.swm took ages to load and then asked for the second disk. Processed and now 1 working system again...

now to move all the data back...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors