Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanilla_Donut
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,052
Message 1 of 5

Edge 530 - no Lenovo Settings Program and Lenovo System Interface Driver

Using Windows 10 version 1511 and all updates.  Used the Lenovo System Update and everything has been updated. 

I wanted to turn on the built-in camera on my Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 530, the F5 key, and it came up with a message saying, "This key combination opens the Lenovo Settings Program. You do not have the Lenovo Settings Program installed on your computer. To launch the program using this key combination, install the program first." I went and downloaded the Thinkpad Settings Dependency for Windows 10, restarted the laptop and it still doesn't work. Even the Lenovo System Update program has it and I also downloaded it.  I restarted the laptop again and it still doesn't work. I then went to install the Lenovo Settings App on the Windows store and it doesn't look like the right one plus it still didn't work.

My other problem is with the Lenovo Companion App from the Windows Store.  It worked before but now it ask to "Please install or update the Lenovo System Interface Driver for full functionality of Companion, then restart the app after installation."  I have installed the Lenovo System Interface Driver multiple times and it still popped up that message.  Yes, I have restarted the laptop and Companion.  

Is there a reason why these issues are happening and how to fix it? 

Thank you in advance.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,022
Message 2 of 5

Re: Edge 530 - no Lenovo Settings Program and Lenovo System Interface Driver

Vanilla_Donut
Fanfold Paper
Views: 989
Message 3 of 5

I do still have it installed and it still doesn't work. Thanks for the reply.

Plocky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 936
Message 4 of 5

I'm having a similar problem as the OP, with a Lenovo ideapad 300 that is 3 months old & came with W10 64 bit Home preinstalled.

Lenovo Settings version is 3.75.0.0

The Lenovo Settings program will open, however it continually requests to update the System Interface Driver, have done that 3 times already. It completes installation, however the problem & message still continue.

As a consequence the Lenovo Settings User Interface wont open the Power settings Control Panel, so I can't access the battery settings, so I have my battery stuck at 60% charge setting for laptops that are constantly plugged in, with no way of changing it back to 100% if I need more battery time.

Every thing was working fine before the latest W10 build & subsequent updates.

So I would think the currently available Lenovo Settings System Interface Driver is not compatible with the latest build of W10.

Hopefully a new driver will become available to solve the issue soon??

http://postimg.org/image/dnk20i7y9/

Plocky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 708
Message 5 of 5

The solution to the Lenovo System Interface driver problem has just happened for me by circumstance.

Recent Lenovo critical update of the BIOS has solved the issue & Lenovo settings now works & I can change my battery settings again. Smiley Very Happy

Does seem like an agressive solution to need to update the BIOS to get a Lenovo program to start working again though.Smiley Mad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors