Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nico_prot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,981
Message 41 of 306

Re: Edge E520 will not turn on

Bonjours,

Je vous contacte car ma mère a déjà eu deux panes similaire a la votre, sur le même modèle et arrive en fin de garantis.
Vivant a l'étranger, je ne peu m'occuper de son ordinateur qu'elle acheté selon mes conseils (je culpabilise un peu quand même).
Pourriez vous me décrire les démarches exacte pour qu'elle puisse se faire rembourser.
Adresse de renvois, lettre type, contacte d'interlocuteurs lenovo...

Merci d'avance,

Nicolas.
no1busyman
Paper Tape
Views: 3,946
Message 42 of 306

Why do I have to pay $575 to replace a faulty Lenovo product if my machine is out of warranty?

Isn’t Lenovo responsible for their product?

Lacplesis
What's DOS?
Views: 3,711
Message 43 of 306

Hello everybody,

Another one bites the dust. It is exhibiting the same symptoms by playing dead. Quite frustrating because it seems like a "repair" does not really fix the issue.

Of course it is just out of warranty. Manufactured end of 2011, just like all the other defective ones.

I'll get on the phone first thing tomorrow.

Lenovo should own up to the issue and at least "repair" the faulty units for free.

pim
Paper Tape
Views: 3,681
Message 44 of 306

They should. If you are out of warrentee, try to buy extended warrentee for an other year.
Thats what I have done.

I rang and emailed them so many times but the only thing they do is replacing the faulty parts with parts that work for a few months.

I keep on doing this untill my extended warrentee (2 year total) runs out and then I will buy a new laptop.

I will never buy a Lenovo again. I advise all my friends and family never to go for a Lenovo....

Former Administrator
Views: 3,532
Message 45 of 306

All,

Current service parts should be good, so I wouldn't expect multiple fails on same system for the same issue.

Lenovo has addressed this issue, and so if your system develops these no power symptoms, I would encourage you to contact support.  If you need help, or have experienced repeat repairs for this same problem on the same system, then I would like to look into the service history to ensure the right actions are being taken.

Please send me a PM if you contact service and are unable to get this repaired.

Thanks

Mark

jemar55
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,496
Message 46 of 306

I  have two of these laptops that developed the issues mere months after the warranty ran out...

Former Administrator
Views: 3,612
Message 47 of 306

jemar55,

I would still contact support - we may be able to repair these for you.

Mark

neite
Paper Tape
Views: 3,508
Message 48 of 306

My sister just got an E520 with an Open Box deal from Newegg and it is having the same problems.

I have the laptop open but I was hoping that someone here could help me figure out by motherboard versions which batch was bad. I dont know if the one I have is one f the faulty ones or not and the warranty is up.

the info I have (if anyone can help) is:

LGG-1 MB

10292-3

48.4MI04.031

the FRU is:

04W0398

On the label it says 11/11 so I am assuming this was part of the bad batch

It has one more number too

P0B01989

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

trbasil
What's DOS?
Views: 3,499
Message 49 of 306

Another dead E520, this one 11 days out of warranty, no help from any of the 7-8 people that I got bounced around between on the phone.

hshaik1109
What's DOS?
Views: 3,440
Message 50 of 306

Hey Mark,

I bought a laptop for my dad, e520 from lenovo.com website. It was a refurbished and only had 4 months warranty(bought it on june 21,2012).  My dad lives in california and i am in florida.  From the first day on the laptop was giving bluescreen of death. He finally brought the laptop back to my during holidays and when I went to go turn it on its just completely dead. I bought another power adapter with no luck.  I spent  $435 for the thing and my dad only used it maybe 4 or 5 times. Is there anything you can do to fix the issues, considering it looks to be the dreaded eeprom issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors