Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisandrooo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,284
Message 1 of 29

Edge E530 high memory usage

Hello, I´m going to do my best using my inglish, so i hope you´ll understand me.

I recently bought a thinkad edge E530 and i put an extra memory ram of 4 GB, so now the notebook has 8 gigas.  

Without any software instaallation from me, with only turning on the notebook, the ram usage is 40%, almost 3 GB!

Is this normal?? And if it´s normal, how can a reduce it? Which programs can i uninstall without damaging any driver or the recovery part?? Can i intall with de recovery discs a "cleaner" Windows whitout experimenting any problems?

Thank you very much!

lisandrooo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,249
Message 2 of 29

Re: Edge E530 high memory usage

Someone any answer please???

Former Employee
Views: 2,242
Message 3 of 29

Hi lisandrooo,

Thanks for posting your concerns,

40% usgae of mmomery on normal oad is indeed worrying. Based on this there must be some thing running in the back ground that's using a huge chunk of memory. If you go to the "Task Manager" and under the Processes Tab do you see which programs are eating up the memory?

On another note, if you have the Mcafee antivirus installed on your machine you might want to consider uninstalling that as it has been found to take up memory usage.

Do let me know how it goes,

Regards

lisandrooo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,232
Message 4 of 29

Hello NINE, and thanks for your answer. I have de norton antivirus that came instaled with the notebook. Before i tried with avast free, and still have big usage memory. After that i  restore the system to factory settings, and still did not install anything, looking first for an answer to this problem.
 Here i took some photos to the process, whithout opening any program for myself, only ones that opnes automatically the computer.

escritotio 3.jpgescritorio 4.jpg

There are 2 images because in the first picture didn´t catch in the image all process happening

At that momento there were more than 100 process and the memory was 36% in usage

Thanks for all!! 

lisandrooo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,219
Message 5 of 29

PLease any answer from lenovo stuff would be really nice.

Thank you!
CustomerOfLenov
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,191
Message 6 of 29

I'm having the same high memory usage problem . . .
I have E530 ThinkPad Edge . I have pre-installed 4Gbs of RAM. when ever the machine boots up the memory usage shows up to be 70 of % . i tried unistalling some of the softwaresbut it was of no use  . .  Weird thing is that sometimes it's usage is at 30%.
Any solutions?
i'm having only lenovo softwares though i changed th antivirus from norton to Avast pro.

ttlams
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,167
Message 7 of 29

I have the same issues when start to use the windows7 and I find it is totally normal since it try to grap up most of the ram you have for maximal usage. The more ram you have, the bigger of disk cache the windows made readying for programs. I tried to install 4G ram on a clean windows7, about 40% of resoucres were used by windows at startup without loading any program. On the contrary, up to 60% resources were used by system on machine with 16G ram. So, no worry and use it as natural unless you encounter the warning of Not enought resources or RAMs are used up.

lisandrooo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,149
Message 8 of 29

Hi ttlams, thanks for your opinion!!!   My inglish is not too good, but i'll try the best.

I have a desktop computer, and it has Windows 7, and i dont have this issue. When i turned it on, i have a 20 % of the ram used, with windows and other stuff i have installed, and it only has 4GB of Ram installed.

I do not see normal this use of RAM. 

I repeat, i(and other peolple with this issue) would really like an answer form Lenovo, at least clearing this situation, and telling us what is happening.

Lisandro

Former Employee
Views: 2,131
Message 9 of 29

hi lisandrooo and all,

Sorry for the delay in reply, Just been tied with alot of cases at hand. I must admit base from you post it does look like something is amiss. Now after checking fiurther into your issue I was wondering if you have tried disabling the Lenovo Active Protection and uninstalling the Lenovo Rapid Boot Sheild that might have been installed on your machine.

Please do check it out and let me know of the changes.

Regards

lisandrooo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,111
Message 10 of 29

thanks for the answer NINE.
I had just uninstalled the lenovo rapid boot shield, but the memory usage only decresed a 2%, so now when i turn on mi pc, it uses a 38% of ram (with 8 GB).
The lenovo Active Protection, i think i got it disabled. Sometimes when i turn oon my PC, appears a windows which says something obout a registration for lenovo active Protection, but always i press the button "ask me again past 7 days". And when i look for it on uninstal, programs, it just doesn´t appear
Do you have any other idea??
Than you!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors