Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowedin
Paper Tape
Views: 1,421
Message 1 of 3

Edge E545 Wifi Connectivity Problems

I got a new ThinkPad Edge E545 at Christmas and I've been having trouble with my internet connection ever since I booted it up. I'm running Windows 7 Pro on it. After entering the passwords for the secure networks at both my parents' and my own home, I still can't stay consistently connected. After I installed the 100+ updates to the computer upon first booting it up, the message saying that I had a loose or broken wire went away (which is good, since I was trying to use wifi, not ethernet).

Now, I still will lose internet connection ever few minutes (I think 10-15 minutes is the longest I've had an uninterrupted connection). It will either repair itself and say that it fixed an invalid IP address, or it will tell me to restart the modem. At my parents, 3 laptops, 3 smartphones, and 1 tablet work fine off the wifi. At my house, 2 computers and a bluray player will run just fine. It is only this computer. Is there some sort of driver/download that I am missing that will resolve this problem? If not, I will need to return this computer before my 30 days are up, becuase a laptop without consistent wifi is useless to me. 

**This is my 3rd attempt to post this because evertime I hit post I lose internet connection.

snowedin
Paper Tape
Views: 1,389
Message 2 of 3

Re: Edge E545 Wifi Connectivity Problems

So I was able to login at work and keep my internet connection. After searching for Lenovo's driver downloads (which was actually difficult to find), I was able to update my wireless network drivers. So far it seems to be working. Will comment again if it doesn't work after I get home.

Here is the link: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-edge-e5...

snowedin
Paper Tape
Views: 1,332
Message 3 of 3

Re: Edge E545 Wifi Connectivity Problems

I was able to stay connected at work, but as I was working I wasn't doing as much on the computer. At home, it still didn't stay connected even when I was sitting right next to the modem. I think it's going to have to go back, unfortunately.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors