Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bpmcbride
What's DOS?
Views: 268
Message 1 of 3

Estimated Shipping Date - ThinkPad Edge

On 11/27 I ordered a ThinkPad Edge. Now when I check the order status it has an estimated shipping date of 1/25/2013! This was supposed to be a Christmas present. If they had told me ANYWHERE in the order process that order fullfillment would be two months, I never would have ordered it. In fact, it does not have an estimated date on any email I received or any confirmation after order. The only way I know is that I checked the order status on my account. I called customer support and they were unapologetic. They said that the estimate was probably wrong and that it "should" be shipped within 3 weeks, but when I asked to get that in writing they said no. So then I said I wanted to cancel the order and they said I can't, but that they would put in a "request" for cancelation and let me know the answer in 3-5 business days. Am I just screwed?

dougdude
Punch Card
Views: 256
Message 2 of 3

Re: Estimated Shipping Date - ThinkPad Edge

A similar thing happened to me. I ordered a laptop as a Chirstmas gift on 11/26 and was happy to see the estimated ship date be 11/30. But when that time came, it changed to 12/31 then to 1/25. I would have been fine waiting for it if it was just a new laptop of myself, but I can't wait until possibly a month after Christmas to give someone a Christmas gift (even just a few days after makes it look like I procrastinated in getting them something).

1/25 also suck for me, because by then I'm not even going to be living in the apartment it is going to be shipped to! I talked to post sales today and had it canceled, but of course it is "not guaranteed" and other such. I'm really crossing my fingers that it is canceled and doesn't end up shipping to an apartment I won't be living at any longer.

dougdude
Punch Card
Views: 254
Message 3 of 3

Re: Estimated Shipping Date - ThinkPad Edge

By the way, when I called, apparently the delay is because of some supply issues with the 12.5" touch display the Twist uses. I assume that means they are out and essentially can't actually put together more of them until another shipment comes in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors