Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hrvojed
Paper Tape
Views: 1,444
Message 1 of 5

Extended warranty already activated on the damaged and replaced item

Hello!

I am not able to find accurate information for my problem.

I bought s430 and activated extended warranty to 3y. After some time it got broken so after a few months in the service center they managed to replace my item with another s430 covered by initial warranty, although slightly better model.

As I can see online now, this new model I have only 1y warranty, which means my 3y warranty did't transfer from initialy replaced notebook. But I paid for this warranty extension, and also it wasn't my fault that notebook got broken. So why should I pay for extension one more time? Why I lost what I bought at the first place? 

I called Lenovo Croatia and also the service center where my notebook was repairing, but no one can help he. What can I do to?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,419
Message 2 of 5

Re: Extended warranty already activated on the damaged and replaced item

hi hrvojed,

Welcome to the Forums.

AFAIK, the lenovo support center should be able to transfer the existing warranty extension from your old PC to the new one if ever a machine replacement was done (i.e. in an event that the machine is beyond repair). The process is usually done on the database where a copy of your previous machine serial # / case # is inherited down to your current machine as a reference of the warranty information. You may not see this warranty status online but you can give your old case # to the lenovo rep. so that they can verify your warranty information.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

hrvojed
Paper Tape
Views: 1,399
Message 3 of 5

Glad to hear than and yes, the replacement was done in an event that the machine is beyond repair.

This is the old machine:

Product ID: Type-Model: Serial number:
33642JG 3364-2JG xxxxx

This is the new machine:

Product ID: Type-Model: Serial number:
336458G 3364-58G xxxxx

And yes, I don't see the extension warranty status for the new machin online. The service case was 4261832768 and the date 2013/02/21.

Please if you can just give me information, to whom I need to give case # so that they can verify warranty information or being able to check in online? Who is Lenovo rep.?

In the service I got the information that this is not possible but I think one got incorrect information? So I want to make sure that warranty is valid because I have 30 more days to extend existing one if I would need to.

Thank you very much

Moderator comment: Serial number(s) removed to protect member from mischief.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,397
Message 4 of 5

hi hrvojed,

The warranty adjustment can be done by a lenovo support personel (warranty department) in Lenovo Croatia. Check the phone number below and verify with the lenovo support personel if the warranty from your old machine (case #  4261832768, date 2013/02/21) was transfered to your previous unit, if not, ask them to do this.

In some cases, the proof of purchase (order receipt) is required for warranty validation. Ensure that you have this handy when you call.

Country or Region: Croatia

Telephone number: +385 (01) 6403-868

Hours of operation: 9AM - 5PM / Monday - Friday

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

hrvojed
Paper Tape
Views: 1,379
Message 5 of 5

Thanks a lot!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors