cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chromo
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 3

Formatting the battery for ThinkPad E430

Hello, I just bought a new Lenovo Edge E430 laptop with intel i5 Ivy Bridge and I want to know how the battery must be formatted for the first time? How long it should stay plugged for a correctly charge and for working properly? The PC must be connected all the working time, or only when battery dies? Thank you.

jescott418
Punch Card
Message 2 of 3

Re: Formatting the battery for ThinkPad E430

As with any Lithium Ion battery the best advice is to fully charge (100%) the battery first. Then use it at least once a month down to where the notebook will be forced into hibernation. Then fully charge it. Otherwise charge as needed.

The problem is that if you don't do what I call a full drain/full charge your battery can develop early signs of not fully charging. Also it helps reset your battery meter to better estimate life. I use my E430 a lot on outlet power so I try and remember to sometimes work on battery for a while to do a full discharge and recharge.

Chromo
Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 3

Re: Formatting the battery for ThinkPad E430

Thanks for the answer. How much time practically it took the first cycle of loading to you (to reach 100%), approximating?
Top Kudoed Authors