08-31-2019 02:27 AM - edited 08-31-2019 02:32 AM
Hi! I bought a brandnew lenovoThinkPad E590 and have the exact same problems as posted in this forum. I updated BIOS to V 1.15 and turned off the USB charge functions when the system is shut down. Anyways, the battery still drains as much energy when the system is turned off as when it is operating.
Lenovo team, please provide a decent solution soon! Until now, ThinkPads were considered as high-quality.
09-06-2019 01:52 AM
Did you also disabel fast boot?
I also have a 590 and I disabled fast boot, wake on lan and always on usb when the laptop is in battery mode. I am currently checking/analyzing if this temporarily fixed my problem.
09-08-2019 01:36 PM
I continue to have power drain issues with an E585 (AMD Ryzen 5) that I was able to reduce the drain to about 5% per day by turning off the BIOS setting for [Always On USB]. Note the Lenovo Vantage utility feature that turns this "off" only works until the next reboot when the BIOS turned it back on. I had to disable it in the BIOS.
Lenovo should be able to fix these issues as I have T470 work laptop that was off for two weeks with no power loss that I could detect ( so miniscule ).
I will next look at turning off the [Wake on Lan] at the BIOS level to see if that will improve or solve my particular problem. I am already at the most current BIOS for this model (1.53).
09-08-2019 08:21 PM
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing battery drain issue again on E590 or E580, I have checked my E590 system battery drain only 1%-2% after 24hours, it is acceptable. Could you share some more detail information,so I can follow your steps and use same environment to recreate issue. I list some information I need, could you try to provide as much as you can? Appreciate your help!
1. Product name: E580 or E590?
2. Prouduct MTM (please find it on system base cover, like 20N8XXXXCD )
2. Windows version： 1803 or 1809 or 1903?
3. For Always on USB setup in BIOS, just need to keep it as default(always on USB is enabled but charge in battery mode is disabled). If charge in battery mode is enabled, that means system will keep that USB port power always on in DC(battery only) mode, so battery will drain continuously.
4. Could you confirm did you remove AC adapter before or after system is fully shutdown(all LED is off)?
5. Which version BIOS of your system, I know you have updated it to latest version for each products, but just in case of your met the issue with specific version BIOS, so please let me know from which specific version you found battery drain issue.
Thank you very much and look foward to your feedback!
09-09-2019 12:27 PM
I recently purchased a Ideapad S530. The Battery is drainig when Off.
I already did:
- Disable 'Always on USB'
- Disable 'Turn of Fast Setup'
But I turned it off for 21u and it drained from 90% to 74%.
Can you please advise a solution? Thanks!
09-11-2019 12:49 AM