Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darkress
What's DOS?
Views: 616
Message 41 of 58

Re: High Battery Drain When Powered Off

Did it help? Thinking about installing Arch Linux too.

LenovoUser219
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 42 of 58

Hi! I bought a brandnew lenovoThinkPad E590 and have the exact same problems as posted in this forum. I updated BIOS to V 1.15 and  turned off the USB charge functions when the system is shut down. Anyways, the battery still drains as much energy when the system is turned off as when it is operating.

Lenovo team, please provide a decent solution soon! Until now, ThinkPads were considered as high-quality.

Stephan-P
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 283
Message 43 of 58

Did you also disabel fast boot?

I also have a 590 and I disabled fast boot, wake on lan and always on usb when the laptop is in battery mode. I am currently checking/analyzing if this temporarily fixed my problem.

LenovoUser219
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 44 of 58

Yes, I also disabled fast boot, but it didn't help. If I do not find a solution by next week, I will return the laptop.

bulldog56
What's DOS?
Views: 204
Message 45 of 58

I continue to have power drain issues with an E585 (AMD Ryzen 5) that I was able to reduce the drain to about 5% per day by turning off the BIOS setting for [Always On USB]. Note the Lenovo Vantage utility feature that turns this "off" only works until the next reboot when the BIOS turned it back on.  I had to disable it in the BIOS.   

Lenovo should be able to fix these issues as I have  T470 work laptop that was off for two weeks with no power loss that I could detect ( so miniscule ).

I will next look at turning off the [Wake on Lan] at the BIOS level to see if that will improve or solve my particular problem.  I am already at the most current BIOS for this model (1.53).

Lenovo Employee Davey_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 189
Message 46 of 58

Hi Guys

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing battery drain issue again on E590 or E580, I have checked my E590 system battery drain only 1%-2%  after 24hours, it is acceptable.  Could you share some more detail information,so I  can follow your steps and  use same environment to recreate issue.  I list some information I need, could you try to provide as much as you can?  Appreciate your help!

1. Product name: E580 or E590? 

2. Prouduct MTM (please find it on system base cover, like 20N8XXXXCD )

2. Windows version: 1803 or 1809 or 1903?  

3. For Always on USB setup in BIOS, just need to keep it as default(always on USB is enabled but charge in battery mode is disabled).  If charge in battery mode is enabled, that means system will keep that USB port power always on in DC(battery only) mode, so battery will drain continuously. 

4. Could you confirm did you remove AC adapter before or after system is fully shutdown(all LED is off)? 

5. Which version BIOS of your system, I know you have updated it to latest version for each products, but just in case of your met the issue with specific version BIOS, so please let me know from which specific version you found battery drain issue. 

Thank you very much and look foward to your feedback!

Lenovo_user_51
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 47 of 58

I recently purchased a Ideapad S530. The Battery is drainig when Off.

I already did:

- Disable 'Always on USB'

- Disable 'Turn of Fast Setup'

But I turned it off for 21u and it drained from 90% to 74%.

Can you please advise a solution? Thanks!

Meia_Gisborn
Paper Tape
Views: 155
Message 48 of 58

In my case the problem is occurring on E580 with ubuntu 18.04, it is a corporate laptop so i didn’t turn off anything in bios.
Lenovo Employee
Views: 103
Message 49 of 58

Hi,

I suggest you to post your comments in ideapd S530 topic, so you can get S530 owner's attention quickly. Thanks for your understanding. 

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee
Views: 100
Message 50 of 58

I still suggest you to check the BIOS AOU setting in BIOS setup. from how much precent did it drain to 0% in 3days? If the AOU charge in battery mode is not enabled, it is impossible to drain battery capaticity from 100% to 0% in 3days after power off unless the battery itself has a problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors