Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarelaMella
Paper Tape
Views: 727
Message 1 of 8

How can enter in bios

Some days before i bought Lenovo E480 laptop with windows 10. Now i need to enter in BIOS of my laptop but could not find any method to enter. Could someone help me. I badly need to access BIOS.

It will be my pleasure to get your answers.

Thanks in advance

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 693
Message 2 of 8

Re: How can enter in bios

Hello and welcome,

If your laptop is running Windows and has fast startup enabled you won't have any keystroke options to enter BIOS on normal startup.

You should be able to access BIOS by doing a restart or a startup after a full shut down (SHIFT + shutdown). In those cases you will probably be presented with a "hit ENTER" option but I usually use F12 to access the boot menu and BIOS.  So: restart, F12, then Tab to the Application Menu and Setup option.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

LolodelPolo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 687
Message 3 of 8

Hi. There should be a tiny hole on one of the sides of your laptop, with a semicircular symbol.
With you machine off, insert a toothpic or a needle in the hole and your laptop will automatically start in BIOS.
I'm afraid, in my experience, with the new laptops with W10, the usual keyboard shortcuts don't work properly to start in BIOS.

Good luck!

KarelaMella
Paper Tape
Views: 664
Message 4 of 8

I have tried F12 button but nothing happend. I shut down the laptop and then restart and continue pressing F12 button but my laptop is too quick. I reached home screen instead of application menu.

Can i enter bios without using F12 button or without doing restart?

Highlighted
KarelaMella
Paper Tape
Views: 663
Message 5 of 8

@LolodelPolo wrote:

Hi. There should be a tiny hole on one of the sides of your laptop, with a semicircular symbol.
With you machine off, insert a toothpic or a needle in the hole and your laptop will automatically start in BIOS.
I'm afraid, in my experience, with the new laptops with W10, the usual keyboard shortcuts don't work properly to start in BIOS.

Good luck!

I could not find any tiny hole in it. Is this necessary to do this? Because i dont't want to do these type of experiment with my new laptop.

LolodelPolo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 651
Message 6 of 8

Hi Karella, please see this link I found. It should help (it is for W 8.1 but it should also work for W 10).

http://blog.lenovo.com/en/blog/how-to-enter-the-bios-setup-utility-or-boot-menu-with-windows-8-1/

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 642
Message 7 of 8

@KarelaMella wrote:

I have tried F12 button but nothing happend. I shut down the laptop and then restart and continue pressing F12 button but my laptop is too quick. I reached home screen instead of application menu.

Are you doing a FULL shut down?  Hold down SHIFT while selecting shut down.

An alternative is to select the appropriate restart option from within Windows: Settings -> Update and Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

KarelaMella
Paper Tape
Views: 597
Message 8 of 8

@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

@KarelaMella wrote:

Are you doing a FULL shut down?  Hold down SHIFT while selecting shut down.

An alternative is to select the appropriate restart option from within Windows: Settings -> Update and Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup.

Z.

Hi zoltanthegypsy,

You expained the method is right but i think it is incomplete. I found the complete answer

Settings -> Update and Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup -> Troubleshoot -> Advance setup -> UEFI Firmware settings -> Restart.

I found this answer at https://windowsclassroom.com/how-to-enter-bios-windows-10/

I accept your answer and this asnwer resvoled my provblem.

Thank you so much for helping me.Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors