cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neonomore
Paper Tape
Views: 922
Message 1 of 3

I have lost my Recovery HDD with pre installed windows 7 on ThinkPad Edge 13 edge PLS Need HElp!

I ve bought thinkpade edge 13 (0221RY6) and formated my hdd (was trying to install win XP). But now i am ready to switch on Windows seven and i am very sorry that i ve formated my HDD with pre installed windows 7.

Somebody who has same machine PLS Can u give me your copy of recovery usb or link on it! Or any other help.THANKS!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 871
Message 2 of 3

Re: I have lost my Recovery HDD with pre installed windows 7 on ThinkPad Edge 13 edge PLS Need HElp!

This is why one should burn recovery media before fiddling with the HD.

One option would be to download a legal Windows 7 ISO and install it.  Or borrow one.  You can use the product key on the bottom of your machine (or in the battery compartment) to activate the installation.  You may have to use the phone option to activate.

Working Legal Windows 7 Download Links 

To do this you must install the same version of Windows that came on your machine - but it can be either 32 or 64 bit.

Your machine came with Win7 Home Basic 32.  I can't say for certain that these "all version" ISOs include that version, but you can try and see.

Once you have Windows installed, go to the Lenovo support page and enter your machine type.  That will take you to a list of drivers and apps to download.  Expand the ThinkVantage option and install ThinkVantage System Update.  You can then run it and it will download and install the other software automatically.

I'm basing this on what I see on the US pages.  Yours may be different.

Good luck,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

neonomore
Paper Tape
Views: 862
Message 3 of 3

Re: I have lost my Recovery HDD with pre installed windows 7 on ThinkPad Edge 13 edge PLS Need HElp!

thnks man that is not exactly wt i ve been lookibg for, but anyway thanks i will try this method though no other options.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors