cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
machalik
What's DOS?
Views: 512
Message 1 of 3

Internal keyboard and touchpad dont work!

Hello,

When I startup my E520 today, dont work internal keyboard, touchpad and trackpoint!

If the notebook startup, key F1 to enter BIOS works, but on login screen Windows7 not!

I try to restore BIOS settings to default, but without effect. I try to press ENTER key to enter in Boot menu, it works, but in this boot menu keyboard dont work!

Note: When I plug the external USB keyboard or mouse, its working (but internal not)

Please help me!

Marek M.

P.S. Sorry my English :-)

Former Employee
Views: 490
Message 2 of 3

Re: Internal keyboard and touchpad dont work!

hey machalik,

welcome to the forums.

it is strange that the internal keyboard and touchpad works at the BIOS area but not at the login screen.

could you check and see if your BIOS is at version 1.22/1.09 . if it isn't, head over to http://support.lenovo.com

if it is at that version, reflash your bios and see if that helps.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
machalik
What's DOS?
Views: 470
Message 3 of 3

Re: Internal keyboard and touchpad dont work!

Thanks, but updating BIOS was the first thing I did. Version 1.22 done, but without effect.

Another idea?

Top Kudoed Authors