cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheTanker23
What's DOS?
Views: 946
Message 1 of 3

Is it possible to upgrade the graphics on my brand new Lenovo Thinkpad E520?

I purchased a Lenovo E520 back in November 2011. My current resolution is 1366x768. I'm curious if it's possible to upgrade the resolution on my laptop. I'm not very experienced with this so sorry for my wording. I just want my display to be "crisper", higher resolution, possibly 1080p, etc... Thanks for any help anyone may have on this subject.

Stealthsz
Punch Card
Views: 932
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is it possible to upgrade the graphics on my brand new Lenovo Thinkpad E520?

haha a new graphics card is not going to help your display, and the intel hd 3000, assuming you have 2nd gen core, can easily handle 1080p videos.

Also you can't upgrade your graphics because

1) the GPU is built into the motherboard

2)Most laptops cannot have their GPUs upgraded

You need to buy a new laptop if you want a better graphics card. To improve performance go to power manager and set "Maximum Performance", when you're on AC charger, not battery.

Fent
Punch Card
Views: 884
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is it possible to upgrade the graphics on my brand new Lenovo Thinkpad E520?

Seems like you are actually talking about screen resolution, which would mean upgrading your screen.
1)Pretty expensive upgrade if it were available
2)Its not available

The 1366x768 is it for the Edge E420 & E520. I am sure it is because the edge series is meant to be an entry level ThinkPad, so it limits its custom-ability.

I'm sure there is, or will be, another screen out there that will be a drop in replacement with higher rez. Just none that I know of off the top of my head.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors