Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jcallado
Not applicable
Views: 179
Message 1 of 2

Keyboard problems

Hi

I have a ThinkPad Edge E50 that suddenly, from time to time, when I'm typing the keys get wrong. Today a "d" for a while was "çñ".
- first of all I tried to search if it has any virus with Kaspersky and try to find some malware.
-All ok, then we tried to switch to an usb keyboard and after  3 or 4 days the same problem appeared
-Then we tried to rename the windows profile, that worked for two or three days and again we had the same problem.
-Last option reinstall windows and guess what after three or four days we get the same error.

It doesn't happen all the time and normally with a restart it fixes the error for a while.

Some one have any idea.

Sorry, I forgot to point that all keyboard shortcuts had been disabled and only there's one language available

Gamloi7
Not applicable
Views: 147
Message 2 of 2

Re: Keyboard problems

Hi, jcallado

From what you've said here, I believe the issue lies the with the systemboard, which will need to be replaced to fix this issue. Since the keyboard has been replaced multiple times and the issue occurs with a USB keyboard as well, something is not right with the systemboard in the machine, I think. I am unsure of your warranty status, but I would recommend calling Lenovo Spain at +34-917-147-833 and discussing the possibility of a systemboard replacement with them.

Hope it helps,

Adam

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution!" This will help the rest of the community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors